- Home keyboard_arrow_right
- Events keyboard_arrow_right
- Flat6Labs Cairo Graduates Eight Startups At Its Spring 2020 Digital Demo Day
Flat6Labs Cairo Graduates Eight Startups At Its Spring 2020 Digital Demo Day Cairo, EgyptEvent Starts: 24 Jun 2020 5:00 pmProgram Ends:24 Jun 2020 6:00 pm
Flat6Labs Cairo, the leading Startup Accelerator in Egypt, helds its Spring 2020 Demo Day with eight new startups graduating from its first cycle of fiscal year 2020.
Flat6Labs Cairo’s Spring 2020 cycle commenced on February 16th in 2020 and welcomed eight promising new teams, filtered from around 1000 applications, who are now excited to launch their businesses to the general public. This cycle has entrepreneurs coming from all across Egypt and the startups are working across various industries, from Fintech, E-commerce, Logistics, and SaaS, to Artificial Intelligence, on-demand car services, Freelance Marketplace, and Bio materials, offering innovative technological solutions set to disrupt the market.
The eight innovative startups presented their projects online in front of thousands of viewers including local and regional investors, mentors, reputable technology experts, top entrepreneurs, and influencers from the region, and press, who are keen on witnessing the progress of the start-ups and the latest innovations in the region.
“We’re extremely happy to be graduating this latest batch of 8 startups, and cannot wait to see how they’ll continue to scale their businesses to a new level post Demo Day”. — Ramez El-Serafy, CEO of Flat6Labs“Our startups have been extremely resilient through a cycle that overlapped with COVID-19. They have developed and adapted their solutions to the pandemic. Personally, I am extremely proud of them.” — Marie-Therese Fam, Managing Partner of Flat6Labs Cairo
In 2017, Flat6Labs Cairo partnered with four anchor investors; the International Finance Corporation, MSME Development Agency, Egyptian American Enterprise Fund, and Egypt Ventures, as limited partners, to launch a new phase of the Flat6Labs Cairo Accelerator Program. Flat6Labs Accelerator Company (FAC) aims to fund 100+ innovative startups across Egypt, with a focus on tech-enabled solutions, during its five years of investment period. Since the launch of the FAC fund, Flat6Labs Cairo has received over 4,500 applications, trained more than 450 founders, ran 6 cycles, and invested in 52 startups.
Flat6Labs Cairo fosters and invests in bright and passionate Egyptian entrepreneurs with cutting-edge ideas, and supports them by providing access to a vast network of local and international investors, industry experts, partners and corporations. Every six months, Flat6Labs Cairo provides seed capital to eight to ten new startups, each company receives from EGP 500K to EGP 750K in funding for up to 10% equity. Flat6Labs Cairo has so far trained and funded 106 startups — including “legacy” startups that have graduated from the program since its launch in 2011.
The eight graduating startups that showcased their technologies and business ideas at Flat6Labs Cairo Spring 2020 Demo Day include:
- 3atlana : a mobile application that offers car services on the go and connects users to trusted service providers.
- Bosla : a voice analytics software that analyses human behavior.
- CreditGo : a payment aggregator for Small Businesses.
- Inploy : an online marketplace that connects businesses to premium freelance talent & SME’s.
- Mycelium : transforming agriculture waste into new material that replaces plastic and synthetic wood.
- Opio : a digital Women’s fashion brand.
- Tayar : Fleet Management SaaS powered by AI to automate and optimize home delivery operations for businesses.
- Wedel : an on demand shipping and delivery hailing mobile application.
Check out the Demo Day and our startups herearrow_back Back to all events